Sunday 2 September 2012

Round 3 Week 1 reflection

And so we begin again....on our never ending story!!!



Menu Plans

Oh....My...God... YUM!  Bear with me, I took a few photos of the top meals of the week and a few were demolished before we even got the chance to take a pic!

First we have the Mediterranean vegetable sandwich with basil ricotta.  I toast my bread so its nice and crunchy.....Love a good crunch!  Also love the Olive tapenade And Roast capsicum and tomato sandwich.....why buy a lunch when you can have those for 3 minutes effort????


Now this disappeared at lightning speed!  Junior Masterchefs gave it a ten thumbs up ( Note to self: Teach children how to count thumbs as opposed to fingers)  This is a kangaroo meat pie with homemade mushy peas.  DELICIOUS!  And perfect to watch the footy at home on a cold winters night....GO MELBOURNE STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another hit with thumbs up flying around everywhere...Pork with sweet potato mash and caramelised apples. Drooooooool..........

And Troy's favourite breakfast...the breakfast frittata....myself, I find it a bit 'eggy' but still delicious.


And the ones you didn't get to see because they got a MILLION thumbs up and were inhaled?  The Cacao fudge bites were FANTASTIC.  I had initially thought the kids wouldn't like them because it was a little like dark chocolate but not only they but the 6 different other children we had here through the week loved them too!  I had to make 2 batches and only got to eat 3 bites!!!!!

I have to say, I am so so proud of my 11 yr old and 8 yr old children.  They eat the same food we do on the program but with the calorie boosts and they can take whatever they want for school lunch.  I took a peek at what they prepare for themselves for lunch.  Either a peanut butter or salad sandwich, sakata rice crackers, 3 pieces of fruit and a natural yoghurt or Nono bar ( love these...made with oats, free of nuts and only 94 calories)  They COULD choose biscuits, or chips or lollies that their not -so- healthy 19 yr old sister puts on her shelf in the pantry .   I hope that this is something they will stick with for the rest of their lives.

Exercise Plans

On advice from my PT, I have taken the week off the Lean and Strong program, to allow different systems in my body to settle.  I think I needed it...I literally slept 12 hours one night at the start of the week!  Having said that, it wasn't a complete rest.  I went running on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, running 6 kms each time.  Pleased to say I broke my previous landspeed record and did 6 km in 32 minutes!  Proof to me that Lean and Strong enhances rather than inhibits your running power!  I love running and have missed it a lot, I didn't realise how much until I started again!
So Tuesday I did a PT session and a Boot camp on Saturday as well.

I've also been doing a Challenge put up on Facebook by Ute Rogers.  It's called the Great Olympic challenge, done every day of the AMAZING paralympics. With permission from the lovely Ute, here is the 5 minute Sweat Betty workout.

Tools: Interval timer or clock
Set it 50 seconds ON and 10 seconds REST
Mat if wanted or if you're hardcore just the ground will do
Sweaty clothes and YOU

5 excercises

1. Jumping Squats
2. Push ups on toes/knees
3. Lunges
4. Burpees
5. Crunches or full sit ups

And of course, you have to sing Advance Australia Fair at the end! 

Weekly surprise and SSS

So the Weekly Surprise is a nutrition Pop Quiz....and a big 7/10 for me LOL.  Which equated to 30 pushup punishment!  So still some learning for me...

My SSS was a boot camp run by my husband Troy, who is studying his PT course. It could have been called  the Wobbly Knee workout! Great for legs , and as we used the local playground, we managed to pop out a few chinups too.  Have to give a shout out to Jeff, Jamie and Mel....it was good to sweat with you!  Or was that swear?  Either way it was good LOL

Looking forward to hitting the gym again next week and of course at the end of the week we'll be in GORGEOUS PERTH for the Round 2 Finale!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!


In the meantime....


No comments:

Post a Comment