Tuesday 7 May 2013

How to make it easy.

First of all, I should be more accurate...this is how to make it FEEL easy, it being of course, exercise and healthy eating.

Because let's face it, in the beginning it can be HARD WORK.  And even when I've nailed it for a while I still get those days where I would rather lie in a bed made of chocolate and cheese than get up and move.

I'm signing up for another round of 12 Week Body Transformation.  My plan was to do another round of Lean and Strong, the weight lifting program to tone and gain muscle definition.  I like lifting weights.  I like feeling strong. But after I ticked the little 'Lean and Strong program' box, I felt.....flat. Tired. U.N.M.O.T.I.V.A.T.E.D.

In short, I felt like Eeyore on a good day.





This is not a feeling I get very often and I was a bit confused. What's going on? What's wrong with me?  This is what I like doing!!!

But then, a little niggly thought popped in.....is it REALLY what I like doing? What do I really want to achieve?  What do I really want to do? If I am going to spend 6 days a week doing a workout on each of those days, where do I really want to spend my time?

Well, I just want to RUN.  And when I realised that, a huge weight just flew off my shoulders. A bolt of positive energy hit me in the head and HELLOOOO BABY!
My mojo was back!

The Universe must have been listening.  Within 10 minutes I had been invited to join a running group the next  night by a gorgeously lovely friend of mine, Theresa.  Never had 8 km flown by with so little effort....by legs!  The vocal chords didn't stop working the whole time!

Time flew and I felt good. The world felt good.  I had found my little spot in it.

It became fun.


So how to make it feel easy? Find out what you REALLY want to do. Find your joy. Some people find it in the bike saddle, some people find it on trails or in the gym.  I found mine on a stretch of empty path ahead of me, just waiting for my little feet to burn it up.

Think you can't run? It's too hard, too overweight, too much too soon? Tried it before and never got anywhere? So did he..... once.


It's not a test.  There is no pass or fail with running. You don't need to be licensed to run, you don't need prior experience, you don't need to be able to run 1, 2 or 21 kilometres to be called a runner.

You just need to start.

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. Cheapest and easiest way to lose weight. When people told me it is addictive I laughed at them. I might not be fast, or look the best, but I am like you. Out there having a crack and burning up the path as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We pirates will miss you!!! Make sure you hang around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most definitely will be! Troy is still doing lean and strong so I'll have a toe in the water so to speak ;)

      Delete
  3. Very inspiring :)
    Change is as good as a holiday, it might just be what you need to get back into your groove

    ReplyDelete