Sunday 7 July 2013

When you just gotta dance....

 Now I warn you, this post is a bit clip heavy but trust me, you'll be smiling......

I love listening to music, especially when I run. Takes my mind off the run and I'm singing karaoke in my imagination, like a demon with back up dancers and singers and special fireworks effects. Some songs get me good, because my head says keep running but my feet say START DANCING!

Eye of the Tiger has me air punching, running around arms above my head like a champion, singing (shouting) the few words I know....EYE OF THE TIGAAAAHH.

Footloose has my feet doing the weirdest things, suprised I don't fall over.....I defy anyone to not dance when that song is on.  Much like this clip, one of my favourites...

Dancing equals happy. Dancing makes babies happy and oldies happy.  Dancing makes me happy.  Now I am NOT a great dancer ( but in my head, I am the BOMB) but when that music hits, I just have this overwhelming urge to just go for it.

I can use this to my advantage as well.  The times I am feeling just so blah, the very thought of dragging myself out of the house to go anywhere is far too much for me to put into action, I put on some music. I dance. I dance in the shower like a looney, and I can dance my way right out that door.

Children dance....ALL THE TIME! It doesn't matter who is watching or what they'll think or even if they are cool or not.  And by just dancing, they bring smiles to everyone and become in fact, very cool.

So let's do it. When things are getting us frustrated, when things are just going wrong, or when things are making us feel happy, JUST DANCE. Stuff what everyone else thinks, let the music take over and let it all out.  I know we'll  feel better for it. Find the Happy and share it out, show how much we love life....even at 88...




No comments:

Post a Comment